Terms of service and Privacy
Terms and conditions:
- We require a government issued ID for all guests checking in.
- We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and Cash only.
- The City of Sitka charges 12% tax in the summer months (11% in the winter) in addition to your room costs. This will be added to your total bill. Government agencies are exempt from the Tax. Other incidental charges (meals, etc.) are subject to a 6% sales tax.
- In order to expedite your check-out process, we will bill all guests for their room charges upon their arrival. Guests may simply drop their key in the drop box upon check-out and a statement will be mailed out for any incidental charges billed to your rooms, and a statement will be emailed to you the day of your check out.
- Check-in is at 2 PM. Check out is 11 AM. If we have your room available, we will allow you to check in up to 3 hours early with our compliments. We realize that several flights arrive into Sitka early in the morning. The latest check out time (when available) is 12 PM without incurring extra charges. Please contact the front desk for those fees and availability. We will hold your bags in a secure location free of charge if you will not be departing from Sitka until later in the day.
- Smoking & Pet Policy: The Longliner Lodge and Suites is a non-smoking, pet-free hotel. This includes e-cigarettes. Failure to respect this policy will result in an additional cleaning fee of $350.
- For everyone’s comfort, quiet times are from 11 PM to 6 AM. Please realize that many fishermen will be preparing for their fishing charters earlier during the summer months. The Pioneer Bar and Mean Queen are a short walk away from the Longliner and will gladly keep you up well past our quiet times.
- Even if we were a resort, we would not charge you a resort fee.
- We have 4 room types.
- Type One: Deluxe rooms with 2 beds. Some of these rooms have 2 queens, and some have a queen and a twin.
- Type Two: One premium oversized room with full kitchen with 2 queens and 2 twin beds (Balcony and ocean view).
- Type Three: Three premium Suites with 1 bedroom, full kitchens, and spectacular ocean views with balconies (960 square feet living area and 155 FT. of balcony area).
- Type Four: A master suite on the top story with 1200 square feet of living and balcony space, full kitchen, and spectacular views overlooking the ocean. The master Suite has a king bed in the bedroom, and 2 queen beds in a bonus room. There is also a large living room in the Master Suite. The bathroom has a jetted tub and a separate shower.
NoteFor room type 1, we charge the same price whether it’s an Ocean view or Mountain view, so we cannot guarantee which room view you will be assigned upon arrival. Whereas we will give you the best available room upon arrival, our booking system optimizes our reservations and place guests in rooms based on availability. This minimizes our vacancy rate and eliminates the need to have a guest change rooms during their stay with us. If you book a premium room (room type 2 with 4 beds, or room type 3 or 4 (Suites), then you will be guaranteed that room since those rooms sell for a higher price.
- We reserve the right to refuse accommodations to persons who appear overly intoxicated, and we reserve the right to remove any guest under the influence of alcohol, drugs, is combative, or is disturbing the peace at our property.
Longliner LLC ("Longliner") operates longlinersitka.com and may operate other websites. It is Longliner's policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites.
Like most website operators, Longliner collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Longliner's purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Longliner's visitors use its website. From time to time, Longliner may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Longliner also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on longlinersitka.com blogs/sites. Longliner only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that commenter IP addresses and email addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the blog/site where the comment was left.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Longliner's websites choose to interact with Longliner in ways that require Longliner to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Longliner gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up at longlinersitka.com to provide a username and email address. Those who engage in transactions with Longliner are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, Longliner collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor's interaction with Longliner. Longliner does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
Longliner may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. Longliner may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Longliner does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Longliner discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Longliner's behalf or to provide services available at Longliner's websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Longliner's websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Longliner will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Longliner discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Longliner believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Longliner, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user of an Longliner website and have supplied your email address, Longliner may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what's going on with Longliner and our products. If you send us a request (for example via email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Longliner takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
If Longliner, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Longliner goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Longliner may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.